cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can the API be used to force a sync while PC is asleep

Can the API be used to force a sync while PC is asleep

datanerd916
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I have a python script running on a Windows server that writes a file to a local folder in the middle of the night, but dropbox does not sync until the next time I manually log into the box.  Is there a way to include an API call in my python script that will force an immediate sync as soon as my file is written without requiring any manual intervention?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API does not offer functionality for controlling the desktop client like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

You may want to consider instead using the Dropbox API to upload the file, which is done by communicating directly with the Dropbox API servers (and not the local filesystem/client). We have an official Python SDK, and the Getting Started and File Access guides may be helpful.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The Dropbox API does not offer functionality for controlling the desktop client like that, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

You may want to consider instead using the Dropbox API to upload the file, which is done by communicating directly with the Dropbox API servers (and not the local filesystem/client). We have an official Python SDK, and the Getting Started and File Access guides may be helpful.

datanerd916
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Thank you! I was able to do it the way you suggested

Need more support?