cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Cancel Allow screen hangs when using API v2

Cancel Allow screen hangs when using API v2

Lou P.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I am using API v2, I am allowed to login using https screen, then I get to the xxxx would like to access to its own folders, Apps xxxx inside your Dropbox. learn more, with two buttons; cancel and Allow...I select allow, get a blue line, but it hangs and no access to the drop box is allowed... this problem appeared with an upgrade to the apple operating systems... problem works with xcode and happens both on 9.4 and 10.0...please help... I don't want to change to AWS...thanks

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Lou P.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,  I was able to figure out what was happening to me.  On the physical hardware device, when authorization occurred I recieved a window as stated above, I did NOT recieve the window on the IOS simulator.  OS 10.13.6.  I found this link; https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#handling-the-authorization-flow

specifically a call to openURL which is described as a redirecte back into SDK.  I placed the code in AppDelegate.m, and the connection was allowed to happen.  One solution pointed to the view controller not being on the top, but I don't think that was relevant. Thanks again

View solution in original post

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I'll be happy to help with any issues you're having with the Dropbox API, but I'll need some more information. Please reply with:

- the specific steps to reproduce the issue
- the exact names and versions of the platforms, browsers, and SDK/library you are using
- a screenshot of the issue
- the relevant code snippet(s)
- any unexpected error or output in the Xcode console

Lou P.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

canOpenURL: failed for URL: "dbapi-2://1/connect" - error: "The operation couldn’t be completed. (OSStatus error -10814.)"

happens on the initial load of the login screen, then it after entering userid/pw, no more process messages run by my code.  

Just a hung screen. (the one that hs the puzzle piece, and Cancel / Allow buttons on it.

Lou P.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

i tried to load the picture but it got an unexpected error.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! That '10814' error can be ignored. (It just means that the official Dropbox iOS app isn't installed, so the app authorizationn flow is sent through Safari instead.)

Anyway, I don't see any reason for this yet, so we'll need to investigate further. Please share the rest of the information I listed in my previous request so we can look into it. 

In particular, it would be useful to know which, if any, Dropbox SDK you're using, and what version(s) of iOS you're seeing this on. 

(Regarding the image, if the forum isn't allowing you to post an image, you can just copy a Dropbox link to the image instead.)

Lou P.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

i found that in the simulator, the Cancel/Allow hangs, but it does not display the secondary pop up window which reads; Open in "PBOV1"? (my app) with a Cancel Open button at the bottom.   when I click on the "clock' icon on the far right of the screen however, it asks me to login and allow again, that time the pop up does show up, and I'm allowed to login.  But when I return to the application, DropBox is NOT open in my application.   I'm not sure where the bug is, but it worksx fine on my iPad and iPhone, it only hides the "Open" window in the IOS Simulator.

there is no error display on my system.

The OS information I provided earlier... I may try a new dropbbox load, but since the code runs fine on the devices, it seems like we do have an issue with the login messages.

if you notice one log file does have the errors...that is the one that doesn't work and uses the simulator.  the other screen shot goes right to the allow screen and even when I change users, I do get the Open in "my app" pop up, which I do not in the failure case.

Please help...thanks

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/r2iwbkrda8ihyk0/AABLVn40dceUQmgJnqejFes1a?dl=0

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks! To clarify though, I was asking for the name and version of the Dropbox SDK (not iOS version) you're using, if any. E.g., are you using SwiftyDropbox or the Dropbox Objective-C SDK, and if so, what version number do you have installed?

Anyway, that clock icon you referred to is actually a Safari icon. That's displayed as part of the SafariViewController, as a way to open that page in the full Safari browser. You don't need to use that though, as you should be able to complete the flow in the SafariViewController.

Since you mentioned this only happens in the simulator, can you check if it happens in all simualtors, or only that one in particular? 

Lou P.6
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

Hi,  I was able to figure out what was happening to me.  On the physical hardware device, when authorization occurred I recieved a window as stated above, I did NOT recieve the window on the IOS simulator.  OS 10.13.6.  I found this link; https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c#handling-the-authorization-flow

specifically a call to openURL which is described as a redirecte back into SDK.  I placed the code in AppDelegate.m, and the connection was allowed to happen.  One solution pointed to the view controller not being on the top, but I don't think that was relevant. Thanks again

Need more support?