cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Chooser

Chooser

bellomsean
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

How can I interact with the dropbox API and fetch the root folder containing all my files and folders in my dropbox account?
i.e I want to be able to call the API and get back just one folder containing all my files and folders.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can find links to the relevant documentation and guide inline in my first message on this thread here.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

In your subject, you seem to be referring to the "Dropbox Chooser", which is a pre-built way for developers to easily allow their end users to choose files or folders from their Dropbox accounts to give to the third party app. If you're interested in using that, you can find more information here.

From your description though, it sounds like that may not be quite the functionality you're looking for. If you want to be able to programmatically list the contents of a folder, such as the root folder, you'd need to use the Dropbox API instead. The Dropbox API lets third party apps list, upload, and download files and folders, among other operations. You can find everything you need to get started with the Dropbox API, including documentation and tutorials, here. For instance, to list the contents of a folder, including the root folder, you'd use the /2/files/list_folder[/continue] endpoints (or corresponding methods in an SDK/library). I also recommend reading the File Access Guide as it sounds relevant to your use case.

bellomsean
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Yes, it is Dropbox Chooser which I'm already using the functionality but I want the end-users to be able to select the root folder that contains all the files and folders in their dropbox account.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for clarifying. Yes, in that case you'd need to use the API since the Chooser doesn't support selecting the root itself.

bellomsean
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thank you.

It would be nice if you could point me to the API link I can use to select the root itself.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

You can find links to the relevant documentation and guide inline in my first message on this thread here.

Need more support?