cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Create Web Interface linked to Dropbox

Create Web Interface linked to Dropbox

Ray S.8
New member | Level 1

Hi,

I have a product design company and we use dropbox for sharing files with colleagues and customers around the world.

I'm interested in developing a web-based (PC and Mobile) application that links to dropbox. The application will be a hub for file uploads, guiding users through drop-down menus and free-text entries. This is important so that the documents in dropbox have the appropriate metadata tags. The web application will also be used to access and view the doucments based on the metadata tags.

Can the dropbox API developer create something like this? Are there any examples of existing applications?

-cheers

1 Reply 1

Re: Create Web Interface linked to Dropbox

Greg-DB
Dropboxer

This certainly sounds like something that one could accomplish using the Dropbox API. (I'm not sure what you mean exactly by "metadata tags" though. Dropbox doesn't offer a way to store arbitrary metadata for files, but if you're just referring to metadata stored in the file itself, or on your server, that would be fine of course.)

Anyway, to get started, I would recommend looking at the tutorial and sample apps for whichever SDK you want to use, or the SDK for whatever language you're most familiar with:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/core

There are also some blog posts on our developer blog tagged as "sample app":

https://blogs.dropbox.com/developers/category/sample-apps/

Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?