cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Direct Download raw=1 Doesn't Work

Direct Download raw=1 Doesn't Work

JudStephenson
New member | Level 2

We've recently become unable to directly download dropbox files via CLI (via curl). We used to append `raw=1` to the share link, and everything would work.

Now, appending raw=1 to the share link downloads a JS App that creates and submits a form in-browser, and thus, no longer works with simple CLI tools.

10 Replies 10

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the report! We'll check on this and follow up here.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
We've had our engineers working on this and the good news is the problem has been fixed. Please try again and you should find that this functionality works correctly.

Apologies for any inconvenience this caused.

rac2
New member | Level 2

I have this problem right now as well -- it doesn't download with raw=1 anymore using the R software. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@rac2 Can you elabortate on what exactly isn't working as expected? E.g., the following would be helpful:

- the steps to reproduce the problem
- the full text of any unexpected error or output
- the relevant code snippet(s)

Thanks in advance! 

hahmed44
Explorer | Level 3

hi. raw=1 is not working anymore for me to download my music onto my tumblr page using a mini online music player and copying the htlm code and then pasting.  the music used to work in the past with no problems at all using the raw=1 but now it stopped working.  can you please help me?  the music is a major part of my tumblr page and without it, i just dont see the reason for me to pay the $9.99 a month to keep dropbox.

thank you in advance,

hana renee

my email addresses if needed:

[email addressed removed by moderation for security reasons]

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@hahmed44 Can you elaborate on how exactly it isn't working? What error are you getting?

hahmed44
Explorer | Level 3
Hi. No error message would come up. My music would just simply fail to play anymore but I believe it may be fixed. I posted my question on the community site posting a new question because I noticed this thread was old and I didn’t think anyone would answer back. Thank you so much for your reply. Rich replied to me with what I believe to be the answer to part of my problems. Plus I went back to tumblr and redid all of my music and they started working again. I don’t know why I had to redo them with the same html codes to make them work?!?

Thank you for your help. I truly appreciate it.

Hana

florianCH
New member | Level 2

Hi Dropbox Team!
I also tried to embed videos (.mp4) hosted in my dropbox, using the share link with raw=1. However this does not work anymore. I cannot use the link to directly view the video in the browser (the HTML5 Player starts but the video is not loaded).

Using dl=1, it gets downloaded correctly, and using dl=0, i get on the dropbox page with the embedded player which also plays the video correctly. What had happened?

Thanks, Florian

UPDATE: I tried with a small sample video and it worked, and with my 3min file it still did not work. Could it be that the limitation occurs when trying to stream it partially when it's too large?

However my video does not have a preview in explorer, and the sample video has it, so maybe that was simply a conversion fault and the file is corrupted.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@florianCH Can you check the network request, e.g., using the developer tools in your browser, to see what error/response you're getting for the larger file?

Need more support?