cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does Dropbox support OAuth 2.0 Device Authorization Grant?

Does Dropbox support OAuth 2.0 Device Authorization Grant?

archer512
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

I'm looking to develop an application utilizing OAuth 2.0 authentication protocol, which I know Dropbox supports. However, the application will be running on a device without a web browser, so the OAuth 2.0 Device Authorization Grant protocol must be followed. I am wanting to know whether Dropbox supports this work flow, and if so where I might find more documentation on the subject (all documentation regarding authentication I've found thus far assumes the presence of a web browser on device). Thanks for the help.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, Dropbox doesn't support the device flow, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, Dropbox doesn't support the device flow, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

mkozlows
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Two years later, any fresher visibility into whether/when this has made the roadmap?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@mkozlows No, unfortunately I don't have any news on this.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    mkozlows New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?