cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does login ever leave app now?

Does login ever leave app now?

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9

Hi,
I'm updating an old iOS app. In the old version, logging into Dropbox used to require launching the Dropbox app to login -- so it would leave the original app. But now it seems like the login happens within the app, in a popup window. Does that happen for all versions of iOS now, or does it still sometimes leave? How can you tell which it is going to do?

Thanks
Bob

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The app authorization flow will happen in your app if the official Dropbox app isn't installed. If it is installed, the user will leave your app and process the authorization in the official app. You, as the developer, don't have to do anything differently in either case.

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9

But is there any way to tell which it is? I used to load up my files from Dropbox as the app returned to being active, since it left the app. Now I can't really do that.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Do you mean you want to trigger some action in your app when the user has finished authorizing the app to access their account? Whether or not the official Dropbox app is installed, you should trigger this from application: openURL: in your app delegate, as shown in the tutorial:

https://www.dropbox.com/developers/core/start/ios

In either case, that code gets fired, so that's the best place to start anything after app authorization.

Need more support?