cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Download not able to find file when exists

Download not able to find file when exists

datan3rd
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Building an app using xcode and objective c. I have been able to successfully get my backup sqlite file to upload but when attempting to use a download I am getting an error saying the file could not be opened because there is no such file. Am I missing something in the directory? I have tried all combinations including dropping the home/ and Apps/ and even the full web URL with no luck. The file exists when I access dropbox directly through the web.

DBUserClient *client = [DBClientsManager authorizedClient];
    NSFileManager *fileManager = [NSFileManager defaultManager];
    NSURL *outputDirectory = [fileManager URLsForDirectory:NSDocumentDirectory inDomains:NSUserDomainMask][0];
    NSURL *outputUrl = [outputDirectory URLByAppendingPathComponent:@"Backup.sqlite"];

[[[client.filesRoutes downloadUrl:@"/home/Apps/Backup" overwrite:YES destination:outputUrl]
      setResponseBlock:^(DBFILESFileMetadata *result, DBFILESDownloadError *routeError, DBRequestError *networkError,
                         NSURL *destination) {
          if (result) {
              NSLog(@"%@\n", result);
              NSData *data = [[NSFileManager defaultManager] contentsAtPath:[destination path]];
              NSString *dataStr = [[NSString alloc] initWithData:data encoding:NSUTF8StringEncoding];
              NSLog(@"%@\n", dataStr);
          } else {
              NSLog(@"%@\n%@\n", routeError, networkError);
          }
      }] setProgressBlock:^(int64_t bytesDownloaded, int64_t totalBytesDownloaded, int64_t totalBytesExpectedToDownload) {
          NSLog(@"%lld\n%lld\n%lld\n", bytesDownloaded, totalBytesDownloaded, totalBytesExpectedToDownload);
      }];

10 Replies 10

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

It should show up automatically when you're typing code. If you don't have it enabled, you can enable it under 'Preferences > Text Editing > Code completion'.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    datan3rd Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?