cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox /1/team/log/get_events is giving events except category "files"

Dropbox /1/team/log/get_events is giving events except category "files"

Sophia S.3
New member | Level 1

Before V1 deprecated API user to give information about all the categories. After it is deprecated I am not able see events for files category. Please provide more information about the same. Is the API /1/team/log/get_events call restricted to provide events on files or some bug is stopping me to get information about files.

My request does not has any category filter.

request body:

{
"start_ts" : 1469603296000
}

Thanks,

Murali

13 Replies 13

Sophia S.3
New member | Level 1

Thanks Gregory,

Yes for the first time I am still using '/2/files/list_folder' to list all the files. If I want to get any changes done later in the app, using API /2/files/list_folder/continue, for each user in the team I have to do a API call to get list of files modified and '/1/team/log/get_events' to get all other changes.

With the API /1/team/log/get_events, If we get all the changes it would really help to reduce API calls I am doing.

Sophia S.3
New member | Level 1

Hey,

I checked it today for the files uploaded by a non team member. I am seeing events for the files. Thanks for the update.

The response I am seeing here for the file event is

{
"event_type": "add_files",
"member_id": null,
"info_dict": {
"host_id": 1,
"is_dir": false,
"file_id": "id:*********PAAAAAAAAAABw",
"path": "/external/test.txt"
},
"ip_address": "*********",
"user_id": null,
"name": "***@gmail.com",
"country": "IN",
"event_type_description": "Added files",
"event_category": "files",
"time": "2016-09-15T13:09:18+00:00",
"email": "***@gmail.com"
}

Here both member_id, user_id is null, How do I get file's metadata here?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

If you know what team member's account has the shared folder, you can use member file access to call /2/files/get_metadata for that file ID.

The event log unfortunately doesn't currently indicate which member(s) have that shared folder though, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request too.

Sophia S.3
New member | Level 1

Thanks you,

Here I am firing API call across the team, So I have no clue which team member have that shared folder.

Thanks,

Murali

Need more support?