cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox API Explorer Business endpoints fail w/ "Your API app is not allowed to call this function"

Dropbox API Explorer Business endpoints fail w/ "Your API app is not allowed to call this function"

msullybos
Explorer | Level 3

I'm logged in as an admin on a Dropbox for Business test accounts. When I use Get Token in the business endpoints of Dropbox API Explorer and then try to use a command, such as team/team_folder/list, I get the errorError: 400

Error in call to API function "team/team_folder/list": Your API app is not allowed to call this function.

Is there something I can do to get Get Token to work with business endpoints, or do I have to get a token created by my app for that purpose? 

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The API Explorer doesn't know which permission is needed for each endpoint, so if you "Get Token" with "App Permission" set to the wrong permission for the current endpoint, you'll get this error when making the call.

For example, /2/team/team_folder/list requires the "Team member file access" permission, so you'd need to switch to that before getting the token.

I'll ask the team to see if we can update the API Explorer to make this easier.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?