cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Account Id vs UID

Dropbox Account Id vs UID

Jiho P.
Explorer | Level 3

Hello, I'm using Swifty dropbox and wanted to know the difference between accountId I get from getAccountId() call vs. the userId set in my shared client.

Thanks in advance!

22 Replies 22

jjsk
Explorer | Level 4
> I've sent this along as a feature request, but I don't have any news on that.

another vote to for the 'legacy' UID number in the get_current_account call. My application uses UID as a primary key as well, and links it to several tables. A custom URL given to users is based on their UID. it's going to be really hard to convert old users to the new format without having to user's update their links.. Is there any way to bring back the old UID? The numeric id looked very clean and was easy to error check with a .isdigit() python call. no so with the new id.

jjsk
Explorer | Level 4

I just realized that DropboxOAuth2Flow still returns both UID and DBID.   Can we count on this call staying as is?  

http://dropbox-sdk-python.readthedocs.io/en/latest/moduledoc.html?highlight=DropboxOAuth2Flow#dropbo...

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Thanks for the additional feedback! I don't have an update on this, but I'm adding your vote to the request.

And yes, that's part of the OAuth 2 flow, which isn't changing.
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    jjsk Explorer | Level 4
    Tony001 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?