cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropbox Core API on Android and startActivityForResult

Dropbox Core API on Android and startActivityForResult

asi d.
New member | Level 1

I am trying to switch from SyncSDK to Core API. Everything going smoothly apart from your sample about picking up authentication result on onResume method of the activity. Shouldn't Core API Android helper follow Android design pattern and deliver result to activity after calling startActivityForResult? SyncSDK does this.

onResume works too but it is unnecessary to keep checking authentication result whenever user opens my settings activity.
Am I missing something?

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Sync and Core SDKs do handle the app authorization flow somewhat differently as you pointed out. I'll be sure to send this along as feedback, but for now we recommend implementing the authorization flow as shown in the tutorial.

asi d.
New member | Level 1

Thanks very much for responding. I have implemented as in your tutorial but as I've stated above, handling response from authorization is not optimal and does not follow Android design pattern.

I will wait for future updates

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

asi d. New member | Level 1
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?