cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox .NET SDK update email notification

Dropbox .NET SDK update email notification

haktech
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I have gotten email saying that my app is using API V2.Net SDK and it needs to be updated. In the email it mentions the discovered bug was fixed specifically in v4.2.6.

What makes me confused is the SDK that i'm using is v4.3.0 which is higher than the version mentioned in which the bug had been fixed.

Am i safe since i'm using v4.3.0? Or do i have to upgrade it to the lastest SDK?

Checking nuget package, the latest available sdk version is v4.3.1.

And once i update it to the latest SDK, will that break my functionality (runtime serializing and deserializing).

For your information, i got two emails. The first email i got it early June. I just ignored it believing i was using v4.3.0 and not older than v4.2.6.

Then yesterday i got another email which makes me worried that i really have to update my Dropbox .NET SDK.

Please enlighten my way with your experties. The email i got is kind of consusing for me.

Appreciate your help.

Abdo

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We always recommend using the latest version of the SDK, but if you're already on 4.3.0, you don't strictly need to update.

You may have just originally received the notification because of API calls previously made by an older version of your app using an older SDK.

In any case, 4.3.1 doesn't contain any breaking changes from 4.3.0.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
We always recommend using the latest version of the SDK, but if you're already on 4.3.0, you don't strictly need to update.

You may have just originally received the notification because of API calls previously made by an older version of your app using an older SDK.

In any case, 4.3.1 doesn't contain any breaking changes from 4.3.0.

haktech
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hey Greg K.

I appreciate your quick response and thanks for your highlights.

I will keep my app using V4.3.0 as for now. Because upgrading the version has to go through so many procedures just to get approved. J.

Need more support?