cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Dropbox chooser integrated with a react webapp not working when opened in chrome ios mobile, ipa

Dropbox chooser integrated with a react webapp not working when opened in chrome ios mobile, ipads

bhargav_raj
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Dropbox chooser is integrated with react web application. Its working fine when opened on desktop and android devices. But its not working when application is opened in chrome browser in ios device(mobile, ipad). In safari its working fine, issue is in chrome only. Not sure if this is an issue with chrome or dropbox. 

Attached the screenshot of the issue. Please help me with it. 

Thanks in advance.

bhargav_raj_0-1679547276374.png

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Scott-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I was able to reproduce the error on my device, so given that the Chooser page works on your device, it does appear to be something with how the website is set up.

Could some other script you have loaded be interfering with how the Chooser determines if it is running on supported browsers? You might try removing in particular anything that affects the `navigator.userAgent` value or is related to mobile. Or you could try removing libraries in development until you find the culprit.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi,

I was not able to reproduce this issue on an iPad testing device. I navigated to the Chooser page and clicked the chooser button on Chrome on iOS and it was able to open.

Can you share:

• The version of iOS you are running,
  • The version of the Chrome Browser you are running, and
  • Whether you are seeing this issue on the Chooser page as well.

Thank you,

Scott

bhargav_raj
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Please try opening the below url in any ios device
mysite 

I have tested in many ios devices. Please test it on iPhone 14 (v16) , chrome (92.0.4515.90).

When i tried to open the chooser page on the same device it worked fine. 

Am i missing some configuration or please let me know what can i do about this.

Thank you

Scott-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

I was able to reproduce the error on my device, so given that the Chooser page works on your device, it does appear to be something with how the website is set up.

Could some other script you have loaded be interfering with how the Chooser determines if it is running on supported browsers? You might try removing in particular anything that affects the `navigator.userAgent` value or is related to mobile. Or you could try removing libraries in development until you find the culprit.

bhargav_raj
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thank you @Scott-DB for the quick solution. The issue is due to multiple dropbox scripts getting loaded. Issue is now fixed.

Need more support?