cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropboxServerException (nginx): 500 Internal Server Error (Internal Server Error)

DropboxServerException (nginx): 500 Internal Server Error (Internal Server Error)

Android T.
New member | Level 1

Hey i am using android dropbox sdk for upload and download the data from the dropbox to my android applocation.

i use this sdk for my development https://www.dropbox.com/developers-v1/core/sdks/android

Upload to dropbox is correctly work
But when i am download image from the dropbox it give me error like: DropboxServerException (nginx): 500 Internal Server Error (Internal Server Error)

and my file not download.

There is no error in my code
How to solve this?

5 Replies 5

Android T.
New member | Level 1

hey friends my problem is solve.
I change the library and all the problem gone. 🙂

I think problem is in the library.

hardik r.2
New member | Level 1

it's true answer try it. 

mypolaris0227
New member | Level 2
Hi.
I've got same error in downloading file from dropbox.
Would you share library that you used?
Regards.

Mark
Super User II
*moves to API forum*

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Hi mypolaris0227, it's possible for the Dropbox API to return an unexpected 500 like this at times, but when that does happen, it usually just a transient issue on our side, so you should have your app catch these exceptions and retry a few times.

If you are seeing this consistently though, please open a new thread with some more specific information, that is, the version of the SDK/library you're using, and the code to reproduce the issue, and we'll be happy to look into it for you:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/101000014
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Mark Super User II
    mypolaris0227 New member | Level 2
    hardik r.2 New member | Level 1
    Android T. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?