cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Back again with another edition of 'How we use Dropbox', so find out how Emma uses to-do lists to get it all done here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DropboxServerException (nginx): 500 Internal Server Error (Internal Server Error)

DropboxServerException (nginx): 500 Internal Server Error (Internal Server Error)

Android T.
New member | Level 1

Hey i am using android dropbox sdk for upload and download the data from the dropbox to my android applocation.

i use this sdk for my development https://www.dropbox.com/developers-v1/core/sdks/android

Upload to dropbox is correctly work
But when i am download image from the dropbox it give me error like: DropboxServerException (nginx): 500 Internal Server Error (Internal Server Error)

and my file not download.

There is no error in my code
How to solve this?

5 Replies 5

Re: DropboxServerException (nginx): 500 Internal Server Error (Internal Server Error)

Android T.
New member | Level 1

hey friends my problem is solve.
I change the library and all the problem gone. 🙂

I think problem is in the library.

Re: DropboxServerException (nginx): 500 Internal Server Error (Internal Server Error)

hardik r.2
New member | Level 1

it's true answer try it. 

mypolaris0227
New member | Level 2
Hi.
I've got same error in downloading file from dropbox.
Would you share library that you used?
Regards.

Mark
Super User II
*moves to API forum*

:penguin::penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin: - :penguin:

Heart Did this post help you? If so please mark it for some Kudos below. 

:white_check_mark: Did this post fix your issue/answer your question? If so please press the 'Accept as Solution' button to help others find it.

:arrows_counterclockwise: Did this post not resolve your issue? If so please give us some more information so we can try and help - please remember we cannot see over your shoulder so be as descriptive as possible! 

Greg-DB
Dropboxer
Hi mypolaris0227, it's possible for the Dropbox API to return an unexpected 500 like this at times, but when that does happen, it usually just a transient issue on our side, so you should have your app catch these exceptions and retry a few times.

If you are seeing this consistently though, please open a new thread with some more specific information, that is, the version of the SDK/library you're using, and the code to reproduce the issue, and we'll be happy to look into it for you:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/forums/postpage/board-id/101000014
Poll
We love to learn from the educators who use Dropbox. Whether you teach kids, teens, adults or a combination of all three, we want to know what apps and integrations you use with Dropbox to help with teaching. Which of the ones below is your favorite, or most used tool?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropboxer
    Mark Super User II
    mypolaris0227 New member | Level 2
    hardik r.2 New member | Level 1
    Android T. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?