cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Error: Dropbox API:(500) Internal Server Error

Error: Dropbox API:(500) Internal Server Error

Derek D.6
New member | Level 1

I am using BackWPup backup plugin to backup my Wordpress website. The backups are uploaded to my Dropbox account setup up on my Windows 7 PC. The backup process from last Sunday, failed with the above error after authenticated access to Dropbox was given to BackWPup for backup file storage. I would be grateful if you could you please explain what causes this error. Thanks.
Derek Dunbar

6 Replies 6

Rich
Super User II

Moved to the API forum.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

A 500 Internal Server Error generally just indicates a server issue on our side, and in most cases is just temporary. Let us know if you're still seeing it though.

Igor M.5
New member | Level 1

I've got the problems with this Server Error 500 in the last week, and this problem still exist and no answer from support.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi Igor, this forum thread is specifically about developers using the Dropbox API. Do you have an API app where you're getting a 500 error in response to an API request? 

Igor M.5
New member | Level 1

Yap. I understand this. But support does not answer from monday! Shared folder shown server error 500. И что мне делать блин?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'm afraid I'm the wrong person to help then! You'll need to wait for user support to reply, or  open your own thread in the Issues & Troubleshooting forum.

Need more support?