cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failed to connect to content.dropboxapi.com port 443?

Failed to connect to content.dropboxapi.com port 443?

LordRoberts
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I've been using UpdraftPlus on my wordpress website for the last 5 years, without issue. However over the last week whenever I try to run an update, I get the following error:

0889.038 (3) Dropbox: chunked upload exception (Dropbox_CurlException): Failed to connect to content.dropboxapi.com port 443: Connection timed out (line: 171, file: /home/*servername*/public_html/wp-content/plugins/updraftplus/includes/Dropbox2/OAuth/Consumer/Curl.php)

I suspected it was a blocked IP from my host (GoDaddy) so spoke to them. They advise its not an issue their side, and is something Dropbox has done.

Wondering if anyone could confirm if thats the case, and what I need to do to fix it.

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There was a networking issue that prevented connections to the Dropbox API servers from some geographic areas, but that should be resolved now. Can you try again now and let me know if you're still seeing this issue? Thanks in advance! 

View solution in original post

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

There was a networking issue that prevented connections to the Dropbox API servers from some geographic areas, but that should be resolved now. Can you try again now and let me know if you're still seeing this issue? Thanks in advance! 

LordRoberts
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Working now! Thanks Greg!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Thanks for confirming that!

Also, the team is working on preventing this from happening again in the future, but they noted that they could use some more information to do so. Would you be able to share a current traceroute from a server that was affected to both of:

• 2620:100:601b:8::a27d:808

Thank you!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    LordRoberts Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?