cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Check out the Dropbox cheat sheet for getting started in 2021 here!

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: General URL for many files from 1 shared folder

Explorer | Level 4

Hi, thank you Grek. K for your very helpful comment. I did not look at the 'get_shared_link_file' and yes, it can fix my current problem. I am sorry for jumping to an early conclusion reconfirmed that the solution works.

Just a little question: Is there any way to do the same for 'folder'?

Dropboxer

@duckladydinh No, unfortunately there currently isn't a way to download a whole sub-folder from a a shared link for a folder via the API, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

Note that you can download the top-level folder as a zip from the shared link as documented here, but that doesn't provide a mechanism for downloading a specific sub-folder.

Dropboxer

Update: The Dropbox API now returns the shared link for the nested item as 'url' when requesting the metadata for that item using the "path" parameter on /2/sharing/get_shared_link_metadata (instead of the original parent link). You could use that to download a specific sub-folder.

Polls
Are you starting new work habits this year?

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Need more support?