cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get all content from a directory

Get all content from a directory

nkokk
New member | Level 2

Hello,

I am using dropbox camle component and I am doing a search peration. Documentation states that if query param is not set all the files of the defined directory (remotePath) will be returned.

But using the following uri I get no results for a directory that contains 3 subfolders

"dropbox://search?accessToken="+ accessToken+"&remotePath=/target&query="   
1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60007404/camel-dropbox-component-search-query-to-return-all-file... ]

It sounds like you're using a Camel component made by a third party. As that's not made by Dropbox, I can't offer help with it.

On the Dropbox API itself, the search endpoints don't support supplying an empty 'query' in order to list all files, so I can't say what the Camel component is supposed to work in that case.

On the Dropbox API, if you wanted to list all files, you would need to call /2/files/list_folder[/continue] with a path of "" and recursive:true.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?