cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get deletion time for deleted files in a folder?

Get deletion time for deleted files in a folder?

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Is there any way to, in API v2, when listing the folder contents (using list_folder or its various versions), get the time of deletion for deleted items (files in particular, but folders might also be good)?

From what I've seen so far, the only way to find a time of deletion of a file is to do a list_revisions call on the file, and from the response read the server_deleted field.

In API v1, a "metadata" call on a folder returned an array containing the contents of that folder, including for deleted items the modification time, i.e. the time when the item was deleted. Also, the time of deletion is available in the Dropbox web interface when looking at the contents of a folder and showing deleted files, so it seems the information should be available more easily than by quering each individual file with a list_revisions call?

Thanks for any help!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, API v2 doesn't directly return the deleted time in DeletedMetadata, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Unfortunately, API v2 doesn't directly return the deleted time in DeletedMetadata, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Ok, too bad. But thanks for confirming this.

ndapost
New member | Level 2
Go to solution
Hello.
How about of this feature request.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I don't have an update on this unfortunately.

Chris Chris
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Bump

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Chris Chris There's no news on this request unfortunately.

Need more support?