cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get files link using excel vba

Get files link using excel vba

YasserKhalil
New member | Level 2

Hello everyone

I am seeking for a VBA code to get the links of the files and folders in the dropbox 

After doing some searches I have found myself in API solution but have no idea how to do that

Can you guide me please?

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We don't have any resources for VBA in particular unfortunately.

In general, we recommend developers use one of the official SDKs, if possible, or if not, one of the community SDKs, or call the HTTPS endpoints directly. 

For example, to create a shared link for any file or folder, you would use the /2/sharing/create_shared_link_with_settings endpoint. If a shared link already exists, you would use /2/sharing/list_shared_links to retrieve it.

YasserKhalil
New member | Level 2

Thanks a lot for reply

So there is no way using API to do such tasks .. or even similar tasks

I need the technique of using API in excel VBA .. May be I can finish it up if I have start point 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
The API does offer the ability to create and retrieve shared links for files and folders, using the endpoints I linked to in my previous reply.

Please try using those and let us know if you run in to any issues.

YasserKhalil
New member | Level 2

In fact I already have  a look at those links and tried to make use of it but I couldn't at all

If you can help me with that, I would appreciate that a lot

Give me code example of how to use API in the excel VBA .. and I will try to study it to make use of it

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
I don't have a sample for VBA unfortunately. If you can't use an SDK/library, I recommend translating the curl examples in the documentation for whatever HTTP client you can use in your app.

YasserKhalil
New member | Level 2

Thanks a lot anyway for your response .. I will try and if I could reach a solution I will post it here

Regards

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

YasserKhalil New member | Level 2
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?