cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Get shared links of all files in App folder

Get shared links of all files in App folder

andrzejkul
New member | Level 2
Go to solution

Hello.

I'm using Dropbox Api for .NET. I would like to list all files together with their shared links. Here's my current code:

var listFolderResult = await _dropboxClient.Files.ListFolderAsync(String.Empty, recursive: true);
var files = listFolderResult.Entries.Where(x => x.IsFile).Select(x => x.AsFile);
foreach (var file in files)
{
    var listSharedLinksResult = await _dropboxClient.Sharing.ListSharedLinksAsync(file.PathDisplay);
}

It works, but I have to make a request for shared link for every file and that is time-consuming. I tested this code on account with 50 files and the whole operation took about 1 minute. Is there any faster way to get all files (I need only names and sizes) with their shared links?

Best regards.

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, unfortunately there isn't a way to retrieve shared links along with the file listing, or a way to get shared links in bulk. I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

No, unfortunately there isn't a way to retrieve shared links along with the file listing, or a way to get shared links in bulk. I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

Need more support?