cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get temporary links of multiple files at once

Get temporary links of multiple files at once

Karthik R.
New member | Level 1

Hi,

Actually I'm trying to display the list of all images of a user that are available in dropbox. For this i'm now doing /files/list_folder to get all the files in the root and then /files/get_temporary_link to get the links of each files. 

But the process is becoming so slow that i have to call the/files/get_temporary_link API for each image available. Is there any way to get all the temporary link of the images at once.

Thanks in advance

14 Replies 14

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

[Cross-linking for reference: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/38789516/dropbox-api-v2-to-get-the-images-albums/38795640?noredi... ]

No, unfortunately the Dropbox API doesn't offer a way to do this in bulk, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. 

Karthik R.
New member | Level 1

Thankyou Gregory. Is there any way that I can get to know about it once it is done?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I can't guarantee that this will be implemented and released, but I'll make a note for us to follow up on this thread if/when it is.

Karthik R.
New member | Level 1

Okay Gregory. Thankyou

Alex P.39
New member | Level 1

Has there been any dropbox actions from this thread?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, no updates on this.

neunygph
Explorer | Level 4

Hi Greg,

I am aware that this thread is about getting multiple templiks at once, and I'm assumming this also apply to getting multiple thumbnails as well, correct?

Thanks,

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
This thread was about getting temporary links in bulk, and didn't mention thumbnails. I see you've posted a new thread about this so I'll follow up there:

https://www.dropboxforum.com/t5/API-support/Getting-multiple-thumbnails-of-multiple-files-at-once/m-...

bhoward
New member | Level 2

Hello,

Any updates on this possible feature?  I think I may be in the same boat as OP and this feature would increase our pageload times.

Brian

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    gnaresh New member | Level 2
    JosephGarza New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?