cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Get third party app scopes

Get third party app scopes

pon_athithan
Explorer | Level 3

What is the method to retrieve the scope of permissions requested by a third-party app through the Dropbox API when connecting to a Dropbox Business account? Is there a way to access this information programmatically, rather than through the App Console in the web interface?

7 Replies 7

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, there isn't a way to retrieve the scope information programmatically.

If you're the developer of the app, you can view and configure the scopes for the app on the app's page on the App Console. You can also specify a more specific sub-set of scopes to request programmatically using the 'scope' parameter on /oauth2/authorize (or corresponding SDK method).

If you're a user of the app, you can view the access being requested by the app on the /oauth2/authorize page in your browser when asked to authorize the app.

pon_athithan
Explorer | Level 3

Thank you for your response,  currently, I am building an app that accesses the Dropbox business account and does many things, however,  I want to retrieve all the connected apps by the members along with the scopes that the app uses.  I am able to retrieve all the apps but the object doesn't contain any information about the scope. I found that Dropbox has a private API to show the information in their desktop app, but I am looking for a way to get it via business API.  has Dropbox got any plan to include these details in the object?

I am expecting this, 

Untitled-1_—_elba-projects.png

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox does not offer this on the public API, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

athithan
Helpful | Level 5

Hi Greg,

Are there any updates on this request?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, I don't have an update on this.

athithan
Helpful | Level 5

May I kindly inquire if the scopes will be included in your response? This information would be greatly beneficial for the developers who are utilizing this API.  🙏 🙏 🙏

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately I can't promise if or when the scope information will be included in the public API responses.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    athithan Helpful | Level 5
What do Dropbox user levels mean?