cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Help Needed - Saver Upload Timeout

Help Needed - Saver Upload Timeout

cubebrush -.
New member | Level 1

Uploading from S3 to Dropbox using Saver https://www.dropbox.com/developers/saver throws timeout errors.

Sample error message:

Error downloading https://cubebrush.s3.amazonaws.com....

Operation timed out after 300000 milliseconds with 17685391206 out of 32271654976 bytes received

Our online marketplace allows users to upload their purchases to their Dropbox folder.

This error is very problematic since a lot of our users with slower connection can't use the "Upload to Dropbox" feature we implemented or anybody trying to upload a larger file like the example above.

What is the best way to go around the timeout error?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

3 Replies 3

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Unfortunately, the 5 minute timeout for the Saver isn't configurable, nor is there a workaround for avoiding it. I'm sending this along as a request to increase the timeout. Apologies I can't be of more help!

cubebrush -.
New member | Level 1

Shouldn't you be checking if there is data being uploaded and prevent the timeout as long as there is activity?

Seems like a pretty useless feature otherwise and a big waste of time and money on our end taking the time to implement this. Especially since the 5min "timeout" (more like a download time limit) was never mentioned anywhere in the documents...

I know you probably had no part in the development of the feature but please pass this along to someone who can do something about it, it should be a really quick fix on you guys' end.

Thanks Gregory.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback! I'm sending it along now. 

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    cubebrush -. New member | Level 1
What do Dropbox user levels mean?