cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I limit the data usage for shared folders?

How can I limit the data usage for shared folders?

jhsch
New member | Level 2
I'm searching for a way to set up a specific folder size limit for shared folders. My goal is to use the API to automatically create and share folders with a large number of visitors on my website. Each user should get access to one unique folder and be able to upload 5MB maximum. If I cannot limit the size of these shared folders, this obviously would be easy to sabotage.. each user could fill up his shared folder and my account would reach its maximum usage quiet quickly.

Do you have any recommendations? Thanks in advance!

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Dropbox itself doesn't offer a way to set a size limit on a shared folder like this, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though. 

If you're implementing this on your server though, you could enforce the limit there. That is, have the user upload to your server, and then have the server perform the upload to Dropbox only after verifying the upload is within the desired limit.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?