cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I pass my user order id in a ' What are you requesting? ' and generate file request folder

How can I pass my user order id in a ' What are you requesting? ' and generate file request folder

fotoenchanter f
New member | Level 2

I have Dropbox plus account and am running a photo editing website where a logged in user can upload and order a photo and his unique order id is generated along with this order and let's suppose a case where I want my specific user to upload his photos now in my Dropbox account from my website , for which I have already deployed a 'file request ' feature where I can normally see his photos in my dropbox folder where I see user name as prefix with a file name , but what if I want to see whenever any specific user clicks on my dropbox generated link the 'file request'  windows opens and his order id should be autofilled in 'What are you requesting ?' window so that whenever this folder is created it should be labaled as that user Order Id number which means  I want to pass that user's  order id value in 'What are you requesting ?' so that it will create that folder with a unique order id for example order12345 

3 Replies 3

Rich
Super User II

Dropbox has no such feature. Using File Requests as is, the folder will be created with whatever name you've given it when you created the request, and the files uploaded will be prefixed with the uploaders name.

If you're comfortable with programming, you can use the Dropbox API to automatically generate a new file request for each person, in which case you'd be able to specify the title and destination for each uploader.

fotoenchanter f
New member | Level 2

Now we are in a right direction by using dropbox API, well I agree with the second option.However, I am using PHP as my backend and unfortunetly, I don't see any official SDK for it so any clues where do I start to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance  

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@fotoenchanter f Dropbox doesn't offer an official PHP SDK for Dropbox API v2, but you can use a third party library, or you can call the HTTPS endpoints themselves using whatever HTTPS client you prefer.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    fotoenchanter f New member | Level 2
    Rich Super User II
What do Dropbox user levels mean?