cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: How can I restrict token use to a certain domain or IP address?

How can I restrict token use to a certain domain or IP address?

HE A.
New member | Level 2

I'm using an access token to make calls to a single account. How can I restrict that token, so that Dropbox only accepts API calls from a certain domain or IP address?

We keep our tokens safe, but it would be good to restrict access in case the token gets stolen. This seems like a common API structure to help manage security, but I can't find the setting in Dropbox.

Thanks,

John

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Hi John, the Dropbox API doesn't offer this, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a feature request. 

SandroRibeiro
New member | Level 2

I have that same need. I will handle very sensitive information and one of the business requirements is the restriction by IP. The implementation of this feature would certainly make me choose Dropbox.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@SandroRibeiro Thanks for the additional feedback!

Lansend
New member | Level 2

This question was first asked in 2016 , and then 2020. I too now have a similar requirement. Client wants to restrict drop box access to business account to just the corporate network. In other words user cannot access from home or other location.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Lansend I don't have any news on this request, but thanks for the note! 

Need more support?