cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How i can find out i use api 2?

How i can find out i use api 2?

Matthias2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution
I am not sure i migrade my app completely to api v2. I Think i have. But today i get a email with the information i have to migrade to api v2.
So where i can make a find it out? Is there somewere a app v2 ready check?

Thanks for support.
1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That version of the SDK does use API v2, so it sounds like it is just users with an old version of your app.

One exception for the Java SDK in particular though is that it does still contain API v1 functionality (for now) to ease the migration. Just make sure you're not using DbxClientV1 anywhere in your latest code.

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Even if you've already migrated your app to API v2, it's possible you got the email if some users are still using old versions of your app.

Exactly how you check what version you're using depends on what SDK, if any you're using. Are you using one of the official SDKs? If so, which one and what version number?

Matthias2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks for your reply. It should be possible that some users use a old app version. I update my App to API v2 not long ago.

I use following SDK: "com.dropbox.core:dropbox-core-sdk:3.0.2". I hope that is the newest one.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

That version of the SDK does use API v2, so it sounds like it is just users with an old version of your app.

One exception for the Java SDK in particular though is that it does still contain API v1 functionality (for now) to ease the migration. Just make sure you're not using DbxClientV1 anywhere in your latest code.

Matthias2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I checked my latest code and i only use DbxClientV2. Now i'm sure i finished the migration to API v2.

Thank you

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Matthias2 Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?