cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get all shared links in a folder?

How to get all shared links in a folder?

gembin
Explorer | Level 3

For example if I have 5 files in folder /images,  how list all the shared links?  And I dont want to share the folder.

/images

1.jpg

2.jpg

5.jpg

I tried https://www.dropbox.com/developers/documentation/http/documentation#sharing-list_shared_links

curl -X POST https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/sharing/list_shared_links \
--header "Authorization: Bearer xxxx \
--header "Content-Type: application/json" \
--data "{ \"path\": \"/images\"}"

It cannot list all the shared links, it returns: 

{"links": [], "has_more": false}

Thanks!

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The Dropbox API unfortunately doesn't offer a way to retrieve all shared links for items inside a specific folder, but I'll pass this along as a feature request.

Using /2/sharing/list_shared_links with a specific path only "returns a list of all shared links that allow access to the given path - direct links to the given path and links to parent folders of the given path", so you'd need to either:

• call /2/sharing/list_shared_links once for each specific file, or
  • not specify a path, and then do the filtering client-side for items under that path

kuznetsovvl
Explorer | Level 4

Hey! Does Dropbox API have any changes? I wanna get downloadable link of items inside folders, Is it possible to get it in one API request? Currently I'm using get_shared_link_metadata endpoint and it works really long for the big amount of records because i should make request for each item.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@kuznetsovvl No, unfortunately I don't have any changes to report for this feature request.

DoControl
New member | Level 2

any changes or updated within the api to support listing the sharing links for a shared folder? 

Здравко
Legendary | Level 20

@DoControl wrote:

any changes or updated within the api to support listing the sharing links for a shared folder? 

Hi @DoControl,

You are asking something different than the OP! Listing of a folder pointed by a shared link was and is possible/supported. Unfortunately, the information provided by /2/files/list_folder doesn't contain nested links info. You should process one by one all nested entries to receive the nested entries links (something relatively slow, as was mentioned). 🤷 That's it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@DoControl I see Здравко offered some additional information and insight. And for reference, there isn't any news on the original request regarding /2/sharing/list_shared_links.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Здравко Legendary | Level 20
    DoControl New member | Level 2
    kuznetsovvl Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?