cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: IOS app no longer linking to Dropbox, crashes

IOS app no longer linking to Dropbox, crashes

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

A customer emailed me this morning to tell me my app crashed now when trying to link to Dropbox.  I tried unlinking and re-linking myself, and it does crash.  I assume this is probably due to the TLS thing I see messages plastered about at the top of the forum...

I saw a warning about that a while ago, but since I had just updated my app, including updating to the latest Dropbox SDK, I thought I did not need to worry about it.  Is that not sufficient?  Is switching TLS versions more involved?  Is there any kind of guide for what needs to be done?

This is what crashes it:

+[DBClientsManager handleRedirectURL:]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x105b98d00

2022-07-02 10:41:17.378115-0500 AppNameHere[57166:3617813] *** Terminating app due to uncaught exception 'NSInvalidArgumentException', reason: '+[DBClientsManager handleRedirectURL:]: unrecognized selector sent to class 0x105b98d00'

Thanks!

Bob

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I got this resolved by updating the Dropbox SDK to the latest version. Not sure why it was crashing before, since the 'unrecognized selector' should have been recognized once I added the completion block argument...

View solution in original post

6 Replies 6

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

Looking into this crash, it looks like the handleRedirectURL call now takes a completion block?   I'm not sure how my app was working before if this was the case - weird.  But in any case, I changed the code to call with a completion block, but I still get the same 'unrecognized selector' error.  Any ideas what the problem is?  I updated to the latest SDK back in March of this year.

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

I got this resolved by updating the Dropbox SDK to the latest version. Not sure why it was crashing before, since the 'unrecognized selector' should have been recognized once I added the completion block argument...

shauntucker
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

I'm just an average user, but the app is crashing shortly after opening on both my iPhone 13, (iOS 15.5), and my iPad Air 5th gen, (iOS 15.5).

I have deleted apps, rebooted devices and reinstalled, but it's still crashing.  I hope things can be fixed soon.

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

What app are you talking about?  The Dropbox app itself?

shauntucker
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Yes,  Dropbox: Cloud Photo Storage

Bob S.15
Collaborator | Level 9
Go to solution

OK this is the forum for Dropbox API - ie developers who use Dropbox within their own apps.  So I was talking about my own app crashing.  I assume there's a forum board for problems with the actual Dropbox app - you might want to post your issue there, maybe someone could help.

Need more support?