cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Library jar file instead of gradle

Library jar file instead of gradle

Ahmad R.1
New member | Level 1

Hello,

I don't use gradle for my Java application. Do you have a library jar file that I can use?  You used to have it in jar file for Api V1. Should I use V1 instead or what is your suggestion?

Thank you

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

We don't currently make jars for the Java SDK available separately, but I'll be sure to pass this along as a request to do so.

Ahmad R.1
New member | Level 1

Thanks for passing it along. I want to share my feedback about V2. I found V1 was extremely easy to follow and integrate for my android app. Not only it had Jar that I just dropped in the folder, but also the documentation/tutorial was very easy to follow to lauthorize users.

I spent hours already trying to determine the right code for V2 and visit the the examples to try to figure out where things are. Is the Java sdk the same as the android sdk. is this example for java j2se or is it for some other java platform (like web app, or applet). Where is the code for authorizing the users where it shows how to generate the token..etc 

Maybe it is just me, but I thought I would share my opinion. I am sure V2 is much better code but it seems to lack the flow and easiness of V1.

Other than that, your support is AMAZING! Thank you!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the feedback Ahmad! It's much appreciated.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

You can now download the Java SDK JAR and and its dependencies directly from the latest release page, as of version 2.0.4:

https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-java/releases

Need more support?