cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Are you interested in learning how media industry leaders use Dropbox Replay? Register for our webinar here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Listing shared files

Listing shared files

rbchapman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm looking for a way to list individual files that a user is sharing with specific users (not shared links). I can list shared folders with the /sharing/list_folders route, but there doesn't seem to be a corresponding /sharing/list_files route.

Ultimately, I'd like to be able to get the shared files for a particular user and feed them into the /sharing/list_file_members route to determine who the files are shared with. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@rbchapman Thanks for following up. It sounds like what you want is to set 'include_has_explicit_shared_members: true' when calling /2/files/list_folder, so you can get 'has_explicit_shared_members' for the files in the results (and then call /2/sharing/list_file_members as needed).

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Scott-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi,

I believe the endpoint you're looking for is sharing/list_received_files?

Scott

rbchapman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks, Scott. According to the docs, that route returns "a list of all files shared with current user." I'm looking for the list of files the user owns and has shared with specific individuals. 

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@rbchapman Thanks for following up. It sounds like what you want is to set 'include_has_explicit_shared_members: true' when calling /2/files/list_folder, so you can get 'has_explicit_shared_members' for the files in the results (and then call /2/sharing/list_file_members as needed).

rbchapman
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

That's what I'm looking for. Thank you

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

rbchapman Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Scott-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?