cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Mac authentication launching new instance of app

Mac authentication launching new instance of app

micromax
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Migrating my Mac OS app to the V2 API, using the Dropbox SDK for Objective-C.

Making good progress but having this issue:

1. Run app in XCode

2. Trigger authentication process

3. Safari appears and I'm prompted "<myAppName> would like access to the files and folders in your Dropbox." so I click Allow

4. Then I'm prompted "Do you want to allow this page to open <myAppName>?" and again I click Allow

5. A NEW INSTANCE of my app starts up, rather than the one I'm debugging.

Does anyone happen to know why this would happen?

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

micromax
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.  I did have my plist set up correctly.  However you were right - I had another binary on my machine that was registered for that same callback (an earlier production version of my app).  After deleting that copy, the redirect is now coming back to the instance I'm running in XCode.

Problem fixed.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The redirect back to your app should be controlled by the CFBundleURLSchemes registered using your app key in your plist in this step of the configuration.

I'm not sure off hand what may cause this issue, so can you share your plist so we can look into it?

Do you have multiple binaries for your app saved that each have that URL scheme registered? You should be able to right click on the different instances in the dock and click "Show in Finder" to see if they are using the same binary.

micromax
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Thanks for the reply.  I did have my plist set up correctly.  However you were right - I had another binary on my machine that was registered for that same callback (an earlier production version of my app).  After deleting that copy, the redirect is now coming back to the instance I'm running in XCode.

Problem fixed.

Need more support?