cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migrating to refresh token on Android - Sample not working

Migrating to refresh token on Android - Sample not working

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

Hi. I am in the process of migrating from long lived tokens, to refresh tokens for offline access. I haven't made any changes in the App Console yet, I'm just trying to get a proof of concept, by linking using scoped PKCE offline access. 

I noticed the Android samples had been updated for PKCE and offline access (this is the default behaviour in the sample). So I updated the sample to add my App Key to the manifest and the strings.xml as instructed. However the linking process is failing both when using the Dropbox app and Chrome. This is on Android 10, but same observed on Android 7. I have added the URL that was generated for the browser access below, and screenshots of the errors received. Note that the Dropbox app error was received after pressing 'Allow' (obviously I did have an internet connection at the time), the website came up with the 400 error before showing anything:

https://www.dropbox.com/1/connect
    ?locale=en_GB
    &k={APP_KEY_WAS_ENTERED_CORRECTLY}
    &n=0
    &api=1
    &state=oauth2code%3AAOnfqepB6EDsFiSePtv7F_KdlLNfuj-9d5OHrc4oWPw%3AS256%3Aoffline%3Aaccount_info.read+files.content.write
    &extra_query_params=code_challenge%3DAOnfqepB6EDsFiSePtv7F_KdlLNfuj-9d5OHrc4oWPw%26code_challenge_method%3DS256%26token_access_type%3Doffline%26response_type%3Dcode%26scope%3Daccount_info.read+files.content.write

Screenshot_20210512-103946_Dropbox.jpgScreenshot_20210512-103619_Samsung Internet.jpg

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Are you using an app key for an app that hasn't been migrated to scopes yet? This can occur if so. (Apologies for the unhelpful error messages!) In order to set scopes during the app authorization flow like this, you'll need to use an app key for an app that is set to use scopes.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Are you using an app key for an app that hasn't been migrated to scopes yet? This can occur if so. (Apologies for the unhelpful error messages!) In order to set scopes during the app authorization flow like this, you'll need to use an app key for an app that is set to use scopes.

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution
Ok, that’s fixed it. Thanks!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Mark R.5 Helpful | Level 5
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?