cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ObjC SDK 3.2.0 Carthage compilation issue

ObjC SDK 3.2.0 Carthage compilation issue

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Back in May, I successfully installed the Dropbox API v2 SDK for Objective C, version 3.1.0, for use with a Mac app, using the Carthage system

Now, trying to update the SDK to the latest version (which I belive is 3.2.0), I am running an issue. The problem not only occurs when trying to update the existing SDK but also when trying to install the new SDK cleanly.

Specifically:

1. I create a directory with a Cartfile with the following contents:

# ObjectiveDropboxOfficial
github "https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c" ~> 3.2.0

2. I run the command:

carthage update --platform Mac

This results in the following terminal output:

*** Fetching dropbox-sdk-obj-c
*** Checking out dropbox-sdk-obj-c at "3.2.0"
*** xcodebuild output can be found in /var/folders/9j/dj_qfpgn77l_xcj2dvtpql3c0000gn/T/carthage-xcodebuild.ufrALJ.log
*** Building scheme "ObjectiveDropboxOfficial macOS" in ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj
Build Failed
Task failed with exit code 65:
/usr/bin/xcrun xcodebuild -project /Users/phoyer/work/Revisions.wc/branches/Test/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj -scheme ObjectiveDropboxOfficial\ macOS -configuration Release -derivedDataPath /Users/phoyer/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/3.2.0 ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=NO CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED=NO CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY= CARTHAGE=YES clean build (launched in /Users/phoyer/work/Revisions.wc/branches/Test/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c)

This usually indicates that project itself failed to compile. Please check the xcodebuild log for more details: /var/folders/9j/dj_qfpgn77l_xcj2dvtpql3c0000gn/T/carthage-xcodebuild.ufrALJ.log

Looking at that log, it seems the relevant error is:

/Users/phoyer/work/Revisions.wc/branches/Test/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/Shared/Generated/Routes/DBTEAMTeamAuthRoute

s.m:131:9: fatal error: 'DBTEAMNamespaceMetadata.h' file not found

#import "DBTEAMNamespaceMetadata.h"

^

1 error generated.

Any idea of why this happens, or how to solve it? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Patrik

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
This should be fixed in the latest version, currently v3.3.2.

View solution in original post

11 Replies 11

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Hi Patrik, thanks for the report. This is an issue with the latest version of the SDK. We're working on it. Apologies for the trouble!

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Hi Greg,

Thanks for the quick response. Just a couple of further points:

1. If there is already a known workaround, I'd be interested in hearing it.

2. Please make a note to post an update on this thread when there is a fix (new version of SDK, new workaround, or something else) so I'll be notified.

Thanks!

Patrik

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
1. The CocoaPods installation method doesn't seem to be affected by this. Changing your package manager isn't ideal of course, so in the meantime you can use version 3.1.2 via Carthage instead.

2. Yes, I will follow up here once I have an update on this.

rocketgardenlab
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I'm having the same or similar issue with my Carthage build with both 3.2.0 and 3.1.2 

Seeing errors like this : 

LocalDevelopment/gitProjects/03-iPhone/Foliobook-4/Foliobook/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/Shared/Generated/Routes/RouteObjects/DBFILESRouteObjects.m:14:9: fatal error: 'DBFILESCreateFolderResult.h' file not found
#import "DBFILESCreateFolderResult.h"
        ^
1 error generated.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@rocketgardenlab Thanks! That looks like effectively the same issue. I'll follow up here once it's fixed.

Mike_Wright
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Hi,

I'm seeing something similar:

Fetching dropbox-sdk-obj-c

*** Checking out dropbox-sdk-obj-c at "3.2.0"

*** xcodebuild output can be found in /var/folders/1h/0qd3wyns0md4fq2n5sq6nt0r0000gp/T/carthage-xcodebuild.gkVXhA.log

*** Building scheme "ObjectiveDropboxOfficial macOS" in ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj

Build Failed

Task failed with exit code 65:

/usr/bin/xcrun xcodebuild -project /Xcode8/Final\ DB\ API\ v2\ Source/Final\ iData\ Kwik\ DB\ API\ v2/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj -scheme ObjectiveDropboxOfficial\ macOS -configuration Release -derivedDataPath /Users/mikewrightlion/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/8.3.3_8E3004b/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/3.2.0 ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=NO CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED=NO CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY= CARTHAGE=YES build (launched in /Xcode8/Final DB API v2 Source/Final iData Kwik DB API v2/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c)

This usually indicates that project itself failed to compile. Please check the xcodebuild log for more details: /var/folders/1h/0qd3wyns0md4fq2n5sq6nt0r0000gp/T/carthage-xcodebuild.gkVXhA.log

Any ideas? (Not very familiar with Terminal. How do I view the xcodebuild log?)

Thanks,

Mike

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

@Mike_Wright That's likely the same issue as discussed earlier in this thread. You can open the file /var/folders/1h/0qd3wyns0md4fq2n5sq6nt0r0000gp/T/carthage-xcodebuild.gkVXhA.log to check the log. For example, in Terminal run:

open /var/folders/1h/0qd3wyns0md4fq2n5sq6nt0r0000gp/T/carthage-xcodebuild.gkVXhA.log

rocketgardenlab
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

This requires a fix by Dropbox to their SDK, until that point I've solved the problem by falling back to a copy of a compiled binary I had in my source control.

Mike_Wright
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks. I was able to drag an updated Carthage folder from another project.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Patrik H. Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Mike_Wright Explorer | Level 3
    rocketgardenlab Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?