cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
We just wanted to say thank you! Check out our customer appreciation video here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: ObjC SDK 3.2.0 Carthage compilation issue

ObjC SDK 3.2.0 Carthage compilation issue

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Back in May, I successfully installed the Dropbox API v2 SDK for Objective C, version 3.1.0, for use with a Mac app, using the Carthage system

Now, trying to update the SDK to the latest version (which I belive is 3.2.0), I am running an issue. The problem not only occurs when trying to update the existing SDK but also when trying to install the new SDK cleanly.

Specifically:

1. I create a directory with a Cartfile with the following contents:

# ObjectiveDropboxOfficial
github "https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c" ~> 3.2.0

2. I run the command:

carthage update --platform Mac

This results in the following terminal output:

*** Fetching dropbox-sdk-obj-c
*** Checking out dropbox-sdk-obj-c at "3.2.0"
*** xcodebuild output can be found in /var/folders/9j/dj_qfpgn77l_xcj2dvtpql3c0000gn/T/carthage-xcodebuild.ufrALJ.log
*** Building scheme "ObjectiveDropboxOfficial macOS" in ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj
Build Failed
Task failed with exit code 65:
/usr/bin/xcrun xcodebuild -project /Users/phoyer/work/Revisions.wc/branches/Test/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj -scheme ObjectiveDropboxOfficial\ macOS -configuration Release -derivedDataPath /Users/phoyer/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/3.2.0 ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=NO CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED=NO CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY= CARTHAGE=YES clean build (launched in /Users/phoyer/work/Revisions.wc/branches/Test/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c)

This usually indicates that project itself failed to compile. Please check the xcodebuild log for more details: /var/folders/9j/dj_qfpgn77l_xcj2dvtpql3c0000gn/T/carthage-xcodebuild.ufrALJ.log

Looking at that log, it seems the relevant error is:

/Users/phoyer/work/Revisions.wc/branches/Test/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/Shared/Generated/Routes/DBTEAMTeamAuthRoute

s.m:131:9: fatal error: 'DBTEAMNamespaceMetadata.h' file not found

#import "DBTEAMNamespaceMetadata.h"

^

1 error generated.

Any idea of why this happens, or how to solve it? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Patrik

11 Replies 11

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
This should be fixed in the latest version, currently v3.3.2.

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Greg. I look forward to trying out the new version!

Need more support?