cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ObjC SDK 3.2.0 Carthage compilation issue

ObjC SDK 3.2.0 Carthage compilation issue

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

Back in May, I successfully installed the Dropbox API v2 SDK for Objective C, version 3.1.0, for use with a Mac app, using the Carthage system

Now, trying to update the SDK to the latest version (which I belive is 3.2.0), I am running an issue. The problem not only occurs when trying to update the existing SDK but also when trying to install the new SDK cleanly.

Specifically:

1. I create a directory with a Cartfile with the following contents:

# ObjectiveDropboxOfficial
github "https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c" ~> 3.2.0

2. I run the command:

carthage update --platform Mac

This results in the following terminal output:

*** Fetching dropbox-sdk-obj-c
*** Checking out dropbox-sdk-obj-c at "3.2.0"
*** xcodebuild output can be found in /var/folders/9j/dj_qfpgn77l_xcj2dvtpql3c0000gn/T/carthage-xcodebuild.ufrALJ.log
*** Building scheme "ObjectiveDropboxOfficial macOS" in ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj
Build Failed
Task failed with exit code 65:
/usr/bin/xcrun xcodebuild -project /Users/phoyer/work/Revisions.wc/branches/Test/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj -scheme ObjectiveDropboxOfficial\ macOS -configuration Release -derivedDataPath /Users/phoyer/Library/Caches/org.carthage.CarthageKit/DerivedData/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/3.2.0 ONLY_ACTIVE_ARCH=NO CODE_SIGNING_REQUIRED=NO CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY= CARTHAGE=YES clean build (launched in /Users/phoyer/work/Revisions.wc/branches/Test/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c)

This usually indicates that project itself failed to compile. Please check the xcodebuild log for more details: /var/folders/9j/dj_qfpgn77l_xcj2dvtpql3c0000gn/T/carthage-xcodebuild.ufrALJ.log

Looking at that log, it seems the relevant error is:

/Users/phoyer/work/Revisions.wc/branches/Test/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/Shared/Generated/Routes/DBTEAMTeamAuthRoute

s.m:131:9: fatal error: 'DBTEAMNamespaceMetadata.h' file not found

#import "DBTEAMNamespaceMetadata.h"

^

1 error generated.

Any idea of why this happens, or how to solve it? Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks!

Patrik

11 Replies 11

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
This should be fixed in the latest version, currently v3.3.2.

Patrik H.
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Thanks Greg. I look forward to trying out the new version!

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Patrik H. Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Mike_Wright Explorer | Level 3
    rocketgardenlab Explorer | Level 3
What do Dropbox user levels mean?