cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Objective C build of 3.4.0 failing when using carthage

Objective C build of 3.4.0 failing when using carthage

Graham H.2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

I am having problems getting the SDK building using carthage. A fresh build using the Cartfile ...

# ObjectiveDropboxOfficial

github "https://github.com/dropbox/dropbox-sdk-obj-c" == 3.4.0

fails with the error ...

Grahams-iMac:tmp ghaley$ carthage update --platform iOS

*** Fetching dropbox-sdk-obj-c

*** Checking out dropbox-sdk-obj-c at "3.4.0"

*** xcodebuild output can be found in /var/folders/p_/zmcpyv616v952vdf9t8qcrrw0000gn/T/carthage-xcodebuild.H6g5dB.log

*** Building scheme "ObjectiveDropboxOfficial iOS" in ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.xcodeproj

Failed to write to /Users/ghaley/tmp/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Carthage/Build/iOS/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=260 "The file “ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework” couldn’t be opened because there is no such file." UserInfo={NSURL=file:///Users/ghaley/tmp/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/build/ArchiveIntermediates/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial%20iOS/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework, NSFilePath=/Users/ghaley/tmp/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/build/ArchiveIntermediates/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial iOS/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework, NSUnderlyingError=0x7fcf2e43aa00 {Error Domain=NSPOSIXErrorDomain Code=2 "No such file or directory"}}

The log file shows no errors and ends with ...

Signing Identity: "-"

/usr/bin/codesign --force --sign - --timestamp=none /Users/ghaley/tmp/Carthage/Checkouts/dropbox-sdk-obj-c/Source/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial/build/Release-iphonesimulator/ObjectiveDropboxOfficial.framework

** BUILD SUCCEEDED **

I have tried this inside my project, and also separately into a empty directory. Could you please give me any pointers?

Thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks! I was on an older version of carthage, but it looks like this issue is related to more recent versions. It's open as an issue on GitHub here:

https://github.com/Carthage/Carthage/issues/2277

I just upgraded, but I still can't seem to reproduce this though. In any case, can you try downgrading to 0.24 to see if that helps?

View solution in original post

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
I can't seem to reproduce that error. Can you let me know what versions of Carthage and Xcode you're using? (`carthage version` and `xcodebuild -version`) Thanks!

Graham H.2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Greg. If you need the log file, let me know.

$ carthage version

$ xcodebuild -version

Xcode 9.2

Build version 9C40b

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
Thanks! I was on an older version of carthage, but it looks like this issue is related to more recent versions. It's open as an issue on GitHub here:

https://github.com/Carthage/Carthage/issues/2277

I just upgraded, but I still can't seem to reproduce this though. In any case, can you try downgrading to 0.24 to see if that helps?

Graham H.2
Explorer | Level 3
Go to solution

Thanks Greg, downgrading Carthage to version 0.24 seems to have fixed it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Graham H.2 Explorer | Level 3
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?