cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Possible to accept sharing invitation via API v2?

Possible to accept sharing invitation via API v2?

tim
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Suppose someone uses dropbox.com to email me an invite to a shared folder. 

The link looks like https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AAABIgLonGIDsTriNG

If the user inputs exactly that link into my app, is there any way for my app to accept that invite (thus attaching/mounting it to the user's dropbox), and then get the local /dir (path_display) to download files?

I can see this endpoint,  

/2/sharing/list_mountable_folders 

... which I imagine might list the invite amongst all the others the user has, but I cannot see how to filter down to find the one I want, which is necessary because... 

/2/sharing/mount_folder

... takes a shared_folder_id that I don't have.

In other words how can I go from https://www.dropbox.com/l/scl/AAABIgLonGIDsTriNG  to a shared_folder_id?

all help much appreciated thanks!

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Tim, there isn't a way to convert those links to shared folder IDs using the API unfortunately. The API wasn't designed to work with those links directly. The intent was that the app would use list_mountable_folders as you mentioned to get the list of folders that can be mounted in a user's account. You can display this list to the user to have select from it if necessary.

I'll pass this along as a feature request for a way to work with these links though.

View solution in original post

2 Replies 2

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Hi Tim, there isn't a way to convert those links to shared folder IDs using the API unfortunately. The API wasn't designed to work with those links directly. The intent was that the app would use list_mountable_folders as you mentioned to get the list of folders that can be mounted in a user's account. You can display this list to the user to have select from it if necessary.

I'll pass this along as a feature request for a way to work with these links though.

tim
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution
Thanks, that would be great!
Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

tim Explorer | Level 4
    Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?