cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
What’s new: end-to-end encryption, Replay and Dash updates. Find out more about these updates, new features and more here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem linking via Android Dropbox app - on some devices only

Problem linking via Android Dropbox app - on some devices only

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5

A problem with linking via the Dropbox app has started happening recently. This is on a production app (with ~100 user links per day) which has had no issues with linking up to this point. It seems to be limited to certain devices currently, though is consistently reproducible on the new Pixel 6 running Android 12. Have also had reports on Android 11 devices. Linking via the website (with the Dropbox app deleted) works without issue.

I tried downloaded the latest Dropbox sample for Android, entered my App Key, and got exactly the same problem. I then created a new app in the Dropbox App Console, updated the App Key in the project, and again got the same problem. For completeness I also tried the same using a totally different Dropbox Account, and got the same error.

Given the above, it does not seem to be specific to my existing app or Dropbox account, so in theory it should be reproducible your end.

The specific error shown is attached below:

Screenshot_20211109-104324.png

6 Replies 6

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! This is an issue with the current version of the Dropbox app on Android 11+. We're currently working on a fix. I'll follow up here once I have an update on that.

Mark R.5
Helpful | Level 5

Good to hear a fix is in the works, thanks for the info.

bellissimo
Explorer | Level 3

I noticed that a new version of the Dropbox app is available, but the problem is still occurring for me. Is there any update on this?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@bellissimo Work on this issue is still in progress. I'll follow up here once I have an update on it.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

This should be fixed in the latest version of the official Dropbox Android app, v262.2.2. Please update to that and let us know if you're still seeing any issues. Thanks!

bellissimo
Explorer | Level 3

Great, seems to be working for me. A bit of a relief as customer support was becoming rather problematic. Will monitor feedback.

Need more support?