cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Problem with files/list_folder/get_lastest_cursor

Problem with files/list_folder/get_lastest_cursor

jwpegram
Helpful | Level 6
Go to solution

I may be doing this incorrectly, but here goes.

First, I uploaded and/or deleted something from the dropbox account (waited a few minutes).

Then I ran https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder/get_latest_cursor passing the all the correct values.

get_latest_cursor returned a cursor value (so far so good).

Next I called https://api.dropboxapi.com/2/files/list_folder/continue  and passed it the cursor returned from the get_latest_cursor call.

Expectation:  I expected to see a list of the two changes I had made to the account. (1 file added, 1 file deleted).

Actual:

{
    "entries": [],
    "cursor": "AAF1LwpAGlqDHXIOc2QYsiF5HF4FlfDx-Pq-zv4eDRF9kak1OFvtAjkW_F5UwmiUJ4AYJ_b91Eu9j-fi17d5Xw4l43AWjmzB0HEzL4w22zifpDxHHC2gVFRraLo0o2pCXKcFTMI-p72l4RSekoaTiKqgxSYlxeVcgD7Vsnaf5OHV0PKAJOuorFpnbQx5bbBix7Y",
    "has_more": false
}

Any thoughts?  I also checked this cursor and just got the same result with a new cursor value.

These are the settings sent to get_latest_cursor:

{
  "include_deleted": true,
  "include_has_explicit_shared_members": false,
  "include_media_info": false,
  "path": "",
  "recursive": true
}

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If I understand your scenario correctly, the actual behavior here is correct and expected. You retrieved the cursor after those changes were made, so /2/files/list_folder/continue won't/shouldn't tell you about them when you call with that cursor. (It would tell you about changes that occurred after you retrieved that latest cursor.)

If you want to know about those earlier changes though, you should get the latest cursor before making the changes.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution
If I understand your scenario correctly, the actual behavior here is correct and expected. You retrieved the cursor after those changes were made, so /2/files/list_folder/continue won't/shouldn't tell you about them when you call with that cursor. (It would tell you about changes that occurred after you retrieved that latest cursor.)

If you want to know about those earlier changes though, you should get the latest cursor before making the changes.
Need more support?