cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Query in transforming the app from development to production

Query in transforming the app from development to production

Sritoma M.
New member | Level 1

Hi,
Currently I have an app in AppStore which are already using Dropbox API. But I forgot to change the app from development to production before uploading the app to AppStore. Currently around 45 users are linked with Dropbox by my app. So is it now safe to migrate the app in Dropbox App Console from Development to Production?

Is there any rejection process while migrating? Because I don't want to face any problem in my customer end.
Please help.

4 Replies 4

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

The production application process exists so that we can review apps. We review API apps requesting production access for several reasons, e.g., to ensure they comply with the terms, the branding guidelines, etc. If an app does not comply, it will be rejected. Rejected apps can of course be updated to comply and then re-apply. That being the case, we recommend applying for production before releasing your app.

Since you've already released your app, we do recommend applying for production as soon as possible.

Sritoma M.
New member | Level 1

Ok. I will apply for production as soon as possible. But can you please confirm if there is any rejection to make it production , it will not affect any customers, means customer can still use the app seamlessly using dropbox?

Thanks
Sritoma

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

While in development mode, up to 100 users can link to your app. Being rejected during the production request process will not affect them.

Sritoma M.
New member | Level 1

Ok. Thank you very much for your prompt response.

Need more support?