cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Does Paper still support export as Markdown?

Re: Does Paper still support export as Markdown?

euxn
Explorer | Level 4

Okay, thanks.

I'm trying to download dropbox paper file via files/export API, but arrived html is broken with images.

Only 1st image file is live(embedded as base64), but others are dead, `src="https://paper.dropboxstatic.com/static/img/ace/emoji/2753.png"` is embedded.

Now I only wish fix this bug, or is there any way to download full html all images embedded ?

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! It looks like this may just be a bug on our side. We're looking into it and I'll follow up here once I have an update on this.

euxn
Explorer | Level 4

any update?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

No, this is still open, but I don't have an update on it yet. I'll follow up here once I do.

diventi
Helpful | Level 6

Hey, I'll throw a +1 on this bug report.

Please check out the following test: exporting the paper as markdown via the web page doesn't raise any problem since all images are correctly rendered with their link. The problem seems to be limited to the API output and the html format.

Please check the spoiler contents for a use case example.

Looking forward to your update on this issue.
Keep up the good work, dropbox rocks 🙂

Spoiler
1-paper document.png2-paper as markdown_manually generated.png3-paper as html_generated by th api.png

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@diventi Thanks for the additional information! This issue is still open with engineering. I'll follow up here once I have an update on it.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    diventi Helpful | Level 6
    euxn Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?