cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Reminder: The Dropbox API will no longer accept TLS 1.0 or 1.1

Reminder: The Dropbox API will no longer accept TLS 1.0 or 1.1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Beginning on or after April 13, the Dropbox API will require that calls use TLS 1.2 or greater. Traffic using TLS 1.0 or 1.1 will be rejected.

The latest Dropbox SDKs will select TLS 1.2 when available in the environment, but versions over two years old may require an update. In particular, users of the Dropbox Java SDK should update to v3.1.1 (released June, 2019) or later & Dropbox Python SDK should update to v8.4.1 (released November, 2017) or later.

TLS 1.2 has been the default on major mobile & desktop operating systems since 2014. Developers whose application may be run in older or unusual environments should investigate to ensure compatibility.

Please ensure your apps use TLS 1.2 when connecting to the Dropbox API.

22 Replies 22

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@MarioEM That version should be sufficient. If you need help confirming anything for your app(s) in particular, please open an API ticket.

dodnewtech50
New member | Level 2

Hello there,

I am attempting to update my application to be able to work with TLS 1.2. I have updated my dropbox module to version 11.7.0 in pythonista. Now I get the following error: Timeout value connect was Timeout(connect=100, read=100, total=None) but it must be an int or float

I have two questions: 1) Do you have any suggestions on how to address this error?

2) Do I need to update my API token now that I've made these changes?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@dodnewtech50

1) I believe that was a bug in an older version of the 'requests' library. Please update the version of 'requests' you have installed and try again.

2) No, these TLS changes do not require you to change your access token(s).

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    dodnewtech50 New member | Level 2
    MarioEM Helpful | Level 6
What do Dropbox user levels mean?