cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Save As PDF Through API

Save As PDF Through API

PhilTerz
Helpful | Level 5
Go to solution

When I preview a document in my browser, I am able to click Workflows -> Save As -> PDF to convert the file to an appropriate extension (in this case, I am trying to convert a .tif file to a .pdf so I can preview all pages). 

Is it possible to run that Save As workflow programmatically? Is there any API I can hook into? 

When I do this manually through the browser app Workflows -> Save As -> PDF, I see a convert_to_pdf network request in my Chrome network tab. I am hoping I can leverage this somehow. 

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, this isn't available on the public Dropbox API, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

View solution in original post

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

Unfortunately, this isn't available on the public Dropbox API, but I'll pass this along as a feature request. I can't promise if or when that might be implemented though.

Thang2000
Explorer | Level 4

is this feature ready?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Thang2000 No, I don't have an update on this feature request.

Thang2000
Explorer | Level 4

Is there any possible workaround for this? I have a large amount of .docx files uploaded daily to different folders and need to convert them all to pdf. Maybe there could be a hack for hitting the 'Save as' endpoint?

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

@Thang2000 The public Dropbox API doesn't offer this functionality, but from your description it sounds like the Dropbox automation feature may be helpful for you. You would set that up manually once per folder to have it then run automatically, without using the Dropbox API yourself.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    Thang2000 Explorer | Level 4
What do Dropbox user levels mean?