cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared file download

Shared file download

ChrisCC
New member | Level 2

Does anyone have any experience with calling /get_shared_link_file  and getting "error_summary": "shared_link_not_found/.." in the repsonse to a link you're fairly certian is the correct url?  I called /list_folder to get the preview url and tried that one, i also did the shared link url from the web GUI.  Could this be a security issue? I'm at a loss at this point.

5 Replies 5

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

Thanks for the report! This is a known issue. We're looking into it, but I don't have a timeline for a fix to share.

ChrisCC
New member | Level 2

Greg,

Thanks for the reply. By known issue and no ETA, I'm assuming you mean there's no fix coming any time soon. If this is so is there a workaround you can point me to?  I made some assumptions on a project based on what the documentation told me was possible, and I'd like to figure out if and how I can still download shared files.

Thanks!

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I can't say if there is or isn't a fix coming soon unfortunately. 

As a workaround, you can download directly from the shared link using one of the URL parameters documented here. It doesn't provide as much functionality as the API though, such as being able to provide the password for the link, if necessary.

ChrisCC
New member | Level 2

That workaround looks alright, I can pull it that way.  Is there a mailing list on bug fixes or release schedules I can get on for this? Thanks.

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff

I'll follow up on this thread once I have an update on this issue.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
    ChrisCC New member | Level 2
What do Dropbox user levels mean?