cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Want to learn some quick and useful tips to make your day easier? Check out how Calvin uses Replay to get feedback from other teams at Dropbox here.

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Token and Permission Updates

Token and Permission Updates

luigia
Explorer | Level 4
Go to solution

Hi,

I receive the mail from dbx about "Token and Permission Updates" to explain me that the Dropbox OAuth flow will no longer return long-lived access tokens. I'm using the lib

<groupId>com.dropbox.core</groupId>
<artifactId>dropbox-core-sdk</artifactId>
<version>3.1.1</version>

I see now there is 3.1.5 version, so I will update it for sure.

In my flow, I call the

/oauth2/authorize
then
/oauth2/token
and
/2/users/get_current_account using the access token returned by the previous call.

So, now this is a long-lived access token, but from sep this will be a short-lived access token, is it right?
What should I do? Should I check the expiration time of this access token, and then ask which api for having the long-lived one?

Or should I recall /oauth2/token every time?

Is there some example I can see ?

thanks a lot

1 Accepted Solution

Accepted Solutions

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The SDK will do most of the work for you, so I recommend following the SDK examples. You can find the examples of using the authorization flow in the latest version of the Java SDK here. Or if you're building an Android app, there's an example for Android here.

View solution in original post

1 Reply 1

Greg-DB
Dropbox Staff
Go to solution

The SDK will do most of the work for you, so I recommend following the SDK examples. You can find the examples of using the authorization flow in the latest version of the Java SDK here. Or if you're building an Android app, there's an example for Android here.

Need more support?
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

Greg-DB Dropbox Staff
What do Dropbox user levels mean?