cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Tell us what you want to see on the Community here!
Close

Dropbox API Support & Feedback

Find help with the Dropbox API from other developers.

cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to retrieve preview for CSV file

Highlighted

Unable to retrieve preview for CSV file

Explorer | Level 3

Hey All.

I'm attempting to fetch an HTML preview for a CSV file using the `/get_preview` endpoint.  Unfortunately I'm receiving back an `unsupported_extension` error.  Maybe my understanding is wrong? Appreciate any suggestions.

Reviewed the following documentation:

Dropbox `get_preview` Documentation 

Curl request using 'get_preview' resulting in error:

vagrant@vagrant:$ curl -X POST https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/get_preview \
     --header "Authorization: Bearer [truncated]" \
     --header "Dropbox-API-Arg: {\"path\": \"/items/24157/18365.catalog-items.csv\"}"

{"error_summary": "unsupported_extension/", "error": {".tag": "unsupported_extension"}}

Curl request using 'download' resulting in success:

vagrant@vagrant:$ curl -X POST https://content.dropboxapi.com/2/files/download \
     --header "Authorization: Bearer [truncated]" \
     --header "Dropbox-API-Arg: {\"path\": \"/items/24157/18365.catalog-items.csv\"}"

"created_at", "currency", "description", "discountable", "id", "metadata", "name", "object", "taxable", "taxes", "type", "unit_cost"
{...}
"1546048185", "usd", "Overpayment on order after adjustments", "", "overpayment-reconciliation", "", "OVERPAYMENT RECONCILIATION", "catalog_item", "", "", "", "0"

My understanding is that the API should return HTML data when requesting CSV files from the 'get_preview' endpoint.  

Thanks in advance.

1 Reply 1
Highlighted

Re: Unable to retrieve preview for CSV file

Dropboxer

Thanks for the report! This looks like a bug on our side. We're looking into it and I'll let you know when we have an update on it.

Work Smarter with Dropbox

The way we work is changing. Share and discover new ways to work smarter with Dropbox in our community.

Sound good? Let's get started.
Who's talking

Top contributors to this post

What do Dropbox user levels mean?
Need more support?